Announcements, Desktop App/Website Updates

Huge Raptr Client Update: Automatic highlight videos of your best gaming moments

raptr_600x300

Big news — the Raptr Client’s gameplay capture just got a major upgrade!

Imagine finishing a game session and all your best moments are already bookmarked on your video timeline, ready to share, no editing required. Even create entire highlight reels in seconds by clicking multiple bookmarks.

The latest Raptr Client does all of that, without impacting your performance or filling up your hard drive.

Here’s how it works:

• Recording begins automatically when you play; no need to remember to turn it on
  • Captures the entire session (like a replay) and automatically deletes older videos
  • Drop a bookmark with a hotkey whenever something cool happens to make a 30-sec clip
  • Editing optional — you can adjust the start/end time of your bookmarked clips
  • Create a highlight reel by selecting multiple bookmarks
  • Records your webcam, mic, and mouse clicks (configurable)

It’s literally the fastest, easiest way to save and share your best gaming moments. Post your video to Plays.tv — the only community dedicated to every gamer’s highlights — and Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc. with a single click.

If you’re a League of Legends or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive player, it gets even better. For those games, we use live match data to automatically bookmark your kills, deaths, killstreaks, and other key in-game events. (More game integrations coming soon.)

Now, with the updated Raptr Client, capturing and sharing your top plays is ridiculously easy. So show off that epic Rocket League comeback, or that time you got three pentakills in a single LoL match, all in one video — because your best moments deserve to be seen.

Restart your Raptr Client to update to the latest version. Don’t already have the Client? Get it here.

1. Cyguy says:

This update took away major basic functions of Raptr. Nearly no one wants recording to be done automatically. If you read the forums on here, reddit, and other places, you will see many are furious over this and are uninstalling. This one was icing on the cake for me as well. Thanks for providing Raptr for when it worked (when it did), there wasn’t any other recording software out there like it.

2. Demian Linn says:

I’m sorry you don’t like the new recording features, but this update only adds functionality, it doesn’t take any away. You can turn off session recording in preferences/general/My Session Video toggle.

3. Jay says:

“This update took away major basic functions of Raptr. Nearly no one wants recording to be done automatically.”

Agreed, this is a real pain in the butt now. I no longer have control over recording and it kills my framerates to have it doing it all the time. Not cool. I also can’t tell when it’s on or off (because it’s always on and because there’s no more “Press [key] to record” overlay tooltip in the bottom corner of the stream, which was the way I could tell whether it was running or not.

4. Jay says:

“You can turn off session recording in preferences/general/My Session Video toggle.”

fwiw, I don’t see a “My session video” option anywhere under General.

5. MakeMeLaugh says:

Rewards are gone. The only option I have is Smite stuff, that’s it, not even those sweepstakes.

About the recording stuff, it was indeed very annoying, but I disabled it.

6. zengda says:

不错,不错,看看了!

7. sapu says:

is there anyway to turn off deleting ? everything is gone wtf

8. QQ819146778 says:

博客不错,嘎嘎!

9. She’s older and also probably appreciates what Skyrim She’s been around longer than video games themselves so she likely has a decent idea of their Most people who play games have either grown up with them and don’t understand the effort it takes to make