Announcements, Raptr Data

Raptr’s Most Played Games of 2011

2011 has turned into a landmark year for video games. Never has so many AAA games come our way, that gamers are actually overwhelmed by options. Reviews and preliminary sales data are in are often used to determine the best games of the year, but we at Raptr believe that when it comes down to it, the true gauge of a game worthy of your time, is the one you spend  your precious time playing the most. That was the thinking behind our inaugural Most Played Awards from Raptr!

Check out the winners below!

Download the Full Report Here

The Most Played Shooter of 2011
The Most Played RPG of 2011
The Most Played Open-World Game of 2011
The Most Played Sports Game of 2011
The Most Played Social Game of 2011
The Most Played New IP of 2011
The Most Played Game of 2011
The Most Successful Paid-to-F2P Game of 2011

For more info on how we picked each winner and what criteria we used, check out our methodology summarized in our report. What was your most played game of 2011? Let us know in the comments below!

1. mYTH_2k4 says:

WooT! Skyrim FTW! :D

2. Banks(beprice3) says:

Awesome. These stats are showing up all around the net. Should see a big user influx. I hope.

3. I’m happy to see Raptr doing this, these play-time/ownership stats are very versatile and powerful…WOOT to RAPTR!!!!

4. Exc Esc says:

Looking forward for the Games this 2012!

5. PMS JusAGurl says:

This is amazing! It makes me want to consider some of these games for future purchases. I mean, if people invest so many hours in them, that means that they’re worth playing!

6. j says:

The amount of hours put into Skyrim in one month is insignificant compared to the amount of hours put into WoW in 2011.

Also according to their report, MW3 had the highest total played hours of any game, but didn’t win the ‘most played game’ award.

7. Darcwolf says:

I find it hard to believe that skyrim is the most played game out of the whole year, when games like black ops or WoW which both have huge fanbases and 11 months head start. I call BS on this.

8. shnull says:

why not just the most played games period, and let the others eat cake, the article might be shorter, but the impact would be a lot bigger.

9. Sanador says:

People have to download the raptr client for the statistics to be logged, so it is not a representation of the entire gaming community. A lot of CoD and WoW players ONLY play those games, and thus do not surf gaming sites like Raptr. And many console gamers have never even heard of Raptr.

10. Sanador says:

Also, WoW lost a LOT of subscribers this year.

11. This is actually a pretty cool way of doing things. A bit more interesting to see what a community of gamers has been up to.

I know I personally put about 100 hours into Skyrim, but seeings as I play -a lot- of games, I didn’t put in as much as I would of liked.

Plus I got a hold of Rayman Origins and played that religiously until there was absolutely nothing else left to do. I know that game is at the top of my favorite games this year.

12. Doctodt says:

I played two games a lot this year. Metro 2033 and Rage! The best single player games in 2011! And I played almost all. Skyrim is the only one I have not played yet, but if its like Fallout 3 and Oblivion, I can wait a lot longer. The best multiplayer game this year must be Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. But in the end there is still not any multiplayer yet, that beat Valves Day of defeat source!

13. I’m possibly responsable for 50% of the play time of MW3:p

14. Cool report!
    Put me down for Skyrim with 80% of my free time

15. MMOgamer says:

Cool! I totally play the most played social game of 2011.

16. theiwizard says:

great..looking for more games in the upcoming year.

17. my favorite sports game are the top 3 in the list. I was just surprise that fifa is number 1. I thought it could be either nba or madden.

18. minilening says:

Cool to have a report like this. Quite surprising as well..

19. fdsa says:

hello baby

20. UpNSmoke225 says:

wow ..A+ for effort! I wish it was law that every company gave reports with all the details like this.

21. Richard says:

@nutritional typing

Simple answer why Fifa beat NBA or Madden. And the answer is that Fifa represents a sport that the entire world enjoys, whereas NBA and Madden are predominately based in the Americas.

Not that hard to understand :)

22. ola estou entrando em contato pois fiz assinatura de 1 mes gold menber mas nao recebi o codigo que me foi prometido ao assinar atraves do progama de recompensas da raptr estarei aguardando resposta obrigado

23. i do like skyrim a lot and i find it the best game ever so play along guys and girls..!

24. SenhorDoks says:

Me deem a roupa pelo amor de deus !!